Avoid genetically engineering foods (GE) and eat organic and preferably local:
- More than 70% of all food in Canadian grocery stores is genetically engineered (GE).
- Many vegetables are grown with organochlorine pesticides (OPs) that can cause cancer, immune system problems and reproductive health problems.
- GE crops are harmful because they reduce crop biodiversity.
- Organic foods cannot contain any GE ingredients.
- Avoid products with any of the following ingredients (as they are most likely GE): corn, soy, canola or cottonseed oil.